Sunday, July 09, 2006

 

What I have been doing

I have been out of touch for about 2 weeks, sorry. I first traveled to Xian, in the West part of China. The 16 hour train ride there was interesting to say the least, especially since I was carrying everthing I have. When in Xian we saw several things, including the famous Taracata Soldiers. There is about 6 thousand full size soldiers and horses guarding the First real emporer of China. Of course his tomb was robbed and burned by the people, the people actually over took his son's kingdom by using the very weapons that he had put on the Taracata Soldiers. This is why none of these soldiers have weapons. It was an amazing site to see, down in the ground for about 2 to 3 miles on both sides. I also went to see some dead peoples tomb, it was ok. I went to the Musleum market and bought some stuff, that was interesting, if any of them asked my nationality, I said I was fa guo ren(French). We than went to Beijing where I will be working for the next month or so. My company is pretty big, and I start work tomorrow and still have no clue what I am going to be doing. It can't be that bad, because the company set me and another friend of mine on the trip who will be doing IT work in a 2 thousand US dollar a month apartment, it is nice to say the least. It is a 4 bedroom and 1 study apartment less than a minute from my job. I have my own balcony, kitchen, washer and fridge. I have the master bedroom with my own jacuzzi bathtub, yeah. I also saw the great wall of china and the Xian city wall. More info and pics to follow.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?